JCC SummerStage Auditions
GREEN DAY'S American Idiot
Book and Lyrics by Billie Joe Armstrong; Book by Michael Mayer
Music and Lyrics by Green Day
Auditions: May 26 and 27 (call backs May 28) at 6pm
Rehearsals: Start May 31 and will be Sundays (times vary) and Mon-Thurs from 7-10 pm each night.
Performances: July 11-19 , 2015
Please come with a prepared song that shows your ability to sing rock music. This could be a rock song (not from theatre) or a song from a rock-style musical. Green Day songs and/or songs from American Idiot are acceptable. Accompanist provided. Bring a second "just in case" song option that shows off your voice regardless of genre.
Please prep a 32 bar cut, prepare your music and note all cuts for the accompanist. Auditions will start with a dance audition at 6pm for all. Cuts could be made at that time. Dance training is not required, but the ability to move with confidence is a must for this show. Then singers will sing their songs in the order they registered.
Directed/Choreographed by Meggins Kelley and Ralph Meranto
Vocal Direction by Matt Wegman
JCC SUMMERSTAGE auditions are open to high school and college age students currently enrolled in school and 2015 graduates. Performers are not paid. There is no fee to participate.
Please come with a full list of rehearsal conflicts for the times shown. A limited number of conflicts can be accomodated. No conflicts allowed tech week. No conflicts that effect three or more consecutive rehearsals will be allowed. All roles open to color blind casting.
AUDITIONS FOR OUR PROFESSIONAL CENTERSTAGE SEASON WILL BE ANNOUNCED IN SUMMER
General Information for all JCC Auditions:
- For musicals, come prepared to sing 32 bars of a prepared song. Accompanist provided. Please bring sheet music in the correct key. We suggested you select a song appropriate to the style of the production. Please dress prepared for a dance audition as well. No bare feet. The audition will start with a dance audition for all audition candidates. Then, each person, will since their song in the order in which they arrived.
- Auditions for plays will involve reading from the script. It is suggested you have read the script in advance and are familiar with the characters/context. Most scripts available by email upon request.
- Rehearsals are evenings and weekends, 3-5 days per week depending on the production. Please bring a list of all rehearsal conflicts. We try to work around minimal conflicts if identified at auditions.
- Adult performers are paid a stipend which varies by show and role. SummerStage performers are not paid, but there is no fee to enroll in SummerStage. It is an open audition.
- JCC CenterStage auditions are open to all performers regardless of race or religion. We practice color-blind casting whenever possible. You do not need to be a JCC member to participate.
- Call backs (when needed) are generally the day after the open auditions.