JCC CenterStage Auditions
Into the Woods
Music and Lyrics by Stephen Sondheim; Book by James Lapine
Auditions: January 12 and 13 (call backs Jan 14th) see below....
Rehearsals: Start March 2015
Performances: May 2-17, 2015
Please come with a prepared song from a Sondheim musical (other than "Into the Woods") or in a Sondheim style (ie: no Rogers and Hammerstein). A second song is encouraged. Accompanist provided. No dance audition.
NOTE! We have an even larger than anticipated sign-up for auditions. Please do not show up without a time slot or you will have a very long wait. Also, please prep your 32 bar cut and note your music to make it easier for the accompanist. Pick your best song as we will not have time for more than one song. Thank you all.
Auditioners are asked to reserve a specific time slot in advance:
Mon 1/12: 6-7pm, 7-8pm, 8-9pm
Tues 1/13: 6-7pm, 7-8pm, 8-9pm, 9-10pm
For cast list with vocal ranges and approx ages, click HERE. Some roles will be doubled including Mysterious Man/Narrator/Cinderella's Father, Prince/Wolf, Cinderella's Stepmother/Grandmother
Directed by Ralph Meranto, Vocal Direction by Brian Clickner
General Information for all JCC Auditions:
- For musicals, come prepared to sing 32 bars of a prepared song. Accompanist provided. Please bring sheet music in the correct key. We suggested you select a song appropriate to the style of the production. Please dress prepared for a dance audition as well. No bare feet. The audition will start with a dance audition for all audition candidates. Then, each person, will since their song in the order in which they arrived.
- Auditions for plays will involve reading from the script. It is suggested you have read the script in advance and are familiar with the characters/context. Most scripts available by email upon request.
- Rehearsals are evenings and weekends, 3-5 days per week depending on the production. Please bring a list of all rehearsal conflicts. We try to work around minimal conflicts if identified at auditions.
- Adult performers are paid a stipend which varies by show and role. SummerStage performers are not paid, but there is no fee to enroll in SummerStage. It is an open audition.
- JCC CenterStage auditions are open to all performers regardless of race or religion. We practice color-blind casting whenever possible. You do not need to be a JCC member to participate.
- Call backs (when needed) are generally the day after the open auditions.