JCC CenterStage Auditions
2015-16 JCC CenterStage Season Auditions
All ages...all races...all talented people wanted!
AEA Special appearance contracts may be considered for local performers interested in Ain't Misbehavin'. Please email for details.
Coney Island Christmas
Directed by David Henderson
A delightful holiday show for people of all ages and all faiths, this new play from Pulitzer Prize-winner Donald Margulies weaves together nostalgia, music, merriment, and multi-holiday pageants. When a young Jewish girl is cast to play the role of Jesus in her school Christmas play, her immigrant parents struggle to balance their holiday traditions with their new role as Americans.
September 9 at 6pm for Youth ages 10 -17
September 10 at 6pm for Adults
Adults auditioning with their own children can come either day
· REHEARSALS BEGIN: mid-late October
· PRODUCTION DATES: December 5-20, 2015
- Shirley, a grandmother
- Mr. and Mrs. Abramowitz (ages 34-50)
- Mr. Hilton and Miss. Glace, teachers (late 20s through early 40s)
- Clara, Young Shirley and Evie – 12 year old girls
- Jackie and Ira - 12 Year old boys
- Misc other classmates
- Youth roles will be open to ages 10-17. These roles are unpaid.
Auditions will be readings from the script.
Directed by Ralph Meranto/Musical Director Casey Filiaci/Choreographer Esther Winter
The Cotton Club and Savoy Ballroom get recreated in this rollicking, finger-snapping, toe-tapping and bawdy tribute to the Harlem Renaissance of the early 1900s.
AUDITIONS: Sept 29, 2016 at 6pm
· REHEARSALS BEGIN: March 2016
· PRODUCTION DATES: May 7-22, 2-16
- 2 African American Women (Armelia and Charlaine tracks. The Nell track is already cast)
- 1 African American Man (Andre track. The Ken track has been cast)
Bring a prepared song in the style of the show. Accompanist will be provided. Please bring appropriate footwear for a dance audition.
The Hit Factory 2
Directed by Ralph Meranto/Musical Director Casey Filiaci/Choreographer Brynn Tyszka
A musical tribute to the pop music of the 1960s
· REHEARSALS: Sporadic in fall of 2015. 3-4 nights per week in January 2016.
· PRODUCTION DATES: February 6-21, 2016
Most of the cast of Hit Factory 1 will be returning, we may have selected tracks available. Email if interested.
Other Desert Cities
Directed by David Runzo
A searing comedy-drama by Jon Robin Baitz. The joys of a family reunion quickly unravel when a prodigal daughter returns to her family's Palm Springs home and announces plans to publish a childhood memoir. As her retired ambassador father, image-conscious mother, rehabbing aunt and ne'er-do-well brother team up to stop her, long-held family secrets continue to be revealed.
AUDITION DATES: Sunday, December 13 at 6 pm
REHEARSALS BEGIN: February 2016
PRODUCTION DATES: April 2-17, 2016
- Brooke Wyeth a writer (30/40s)
- Tripp Wyeth, her brother, younger by several years
- Polly Wyeth, their mother (Late 50s-60s)
- SIlda Grauman, Polly's sister (Late 50s-60s)
- The role of Lyman Wyeth is already cast
Auditions will be readings from the script.
General Information for all JCC Auditions:
- For musicals, come prepared to sing 32 bars of a prepared song. Accompanist provided. Please bring sheet music in the correct key. Please select a song appropriate to the style of the production. Please dress prepared for a dance audition as well. No bare feet. The audition will start with a dance audition for all audition candidates. Then, each person, will since their song in the order in which they arrived.
- Auditions for plays will involve reading from the script. It is suggested you have read the script in advance and are familiar with the characters/context. Most scripts available by email upon request.
- Rehearsals are evenings and weekends, 3-5 days per week depending on the production. Please bring a list of all rehearsal conflicts. We try to work around minimal conflicts if identified at auditions.
- Adult performers are paid a stipend which varies by show and role. SummerStage performers are not paid, but there is no fee to enroll in SummerStage. It is an open audition.
- JCC CenterStage auditions are open to all performers regardless of race or religion. We practice color-blind casting whenever possible. You do not need to be a JCC member to participate.
- Call backs (when needed) are generally the day after the open auditions.