CenterStage Theatre Auditions
Auditions for CenterStage Theatre at the JCC
AUDITIONS: The Flick, by Annie Baker
Auditions: Sunday, December 11 at 4:30 PM
First rehearsal January 15, 2017
Performances: March 4 - 19, 2017
Three underpaid employees of a run-down movie theater tear tickets, clean up popcorn and attend to one of the few remaining 35 millimeter film projectors in usage.
3 men ages 18-36 (1 African American, 1 Caucasian, 1 flexible race)
1 woman age 25-36
Directed by David Runzo
AUDITIONS: Titanic, the Musical
Auditions: Monday, December 19 at 6pm (Call Backs 12/20)
Rehearsals begin: March 19, 2017
Performances: May 6-21, 2017
Directed by Ralph Meranto and Esther Winter, Music Direction by Casey Filiaci
Bring two contrasting songs of 32 bars that each that demonstrate your ability to sing classic musical theatre music and convey storytelling through song. Please select a primary and alternate musical theatre song in the style of the show. (Think classic Broadway, No pop tunes, character songs or rock musical songs please. Songs from Titanic are allowed.) Please note this is the ensemble version, which involves doubling. Roles for 13-14 Men and 6-7 Women, ages 16+.
Dance audition will be at call backs only (for specific tracks). If you can not be at the audition on 12/19, but are available for call backs on 12/20 you can submit a video audition in advance.
General Information for all JCC Auditions:
- For musicals, come prepared to sing 32 bars of a prepared song. Accompanist provided. Please bring sheet music in the correct key. Please select a song appropriate to the style of the production. Please dress prepared for a dance audition as well. No bare feet. The audition will start with a dance audition for all audition candidates. Then, each person, will since their song in the order in which they arrived.
- Auditions for plays will involve reading from the script. It is suggested you have read the script in advance and are familiar with the characters/context. Most scripts available by email upon request.
- Rehearsals are evenings and weekends, 3-5 days per week depending on the production. Please bring a list of all rehearsal conflicts. We try to work around minimal conflicts if identified at auditions.
- Adult performers are paid a stipend which varies by show and role. Youth performers are not paid. SummerStage performers are not paid, but there is no fee to enroll in SummerStage. It is an open audition.
- JCC CenterStage auditions are open to all performers regardless of race or religion. We practice color-blind casting whenever possible. You do not need to be a JCC member to participate.
- Call backs (when needed) are generally the day after the open auditions.