JCC CenterStage Auditions
Open Call Auditions for
HAIRSPRAY, the Broadway Musical
May 19 & 20 at 6pm
Roles for all races. Ages 15-23* and enrolled or 2014 graduate of high school or college.
* African American/non-white girls auditioning for Little Inez can be ages 12 and up.
Come to either open call day, but not both.
Come prepared to sing 32 bars of a prepared song appropriate to the style of the production. Have a second song just in case. Accompanist provided. Please bring sheet music in the correct key. Check in/registration starts at 5:30.
The audition will start with a dance audition for all audition candidates. Then each person will sing their song in the order in which they arrived. Call backs will be May 21. Let us know at the open call if you can not attend the call backs. Bring list of all rehearsal conflicts. Headshot and resume are appreciated but not required.
Rehearsals will be Sundays (times vary) and Mondays-Thursdays 7-10 pm. Bring list of ALL rehearsal conflicts between May 27 and performances July 19-27.
General Information for all JCC Auditions:
- For musicals, come prepared to sing 32 bars of a prepared song. Accompanist provided. Please bring sheet music in the correct key. We suggested you select a song appropriate to the style of the production. Please dress prepared for a dance audition as well. No bare feet. The audition will start with a dance audition for all audition candidates. Then, each person, will since their song in the order in which they arrived.
- Auditions for plays will involve reading from the script. It is suggested you have read the script in advance and are familiar with the characters/context. Most scripts available by email upon request.
- Rehearsals are evenings and weekends, 3-5 days per week depending on the production. Please bring a list of all rehearsal conflicts. We try to work around minimal conflicts if identified at auditions.
- Adult performers are paid a stipend which varies by show and role. SummerStage performers are not paid, but there is no fee to enroll in SummerStage. It is an open audition.
- JCC CenterStage auditions are open to all performers regardless of race or religion. We practice color-blind casting whenever possible. You do not need to be a JCC member to participate.
- Call backs (when needed) are generally the day after the open auditions.