JCC CenterStage Auditions
JCC CenterStage does not have any adult auditions scheduled at this time. Check back in the fall for 2016-17 dates.
JCC SummerStage Auditions
Rodgers & Hammerstein's OKLAHOMA!
Audition Dates: May 23 and 24 at 6pm. Call Backs on May 25.
Directed by Ralph Meranto. Musical Direction by Matt Wegman. Choreography by Brynn Tyszka.
Roles for all students and 2016 graduates (middle, high school or college) ages 14-25. Roles open to all races and ethnicities. This will be a color-blind casting audition. Performances will be July 16-24, 2016.
WHY OKLAHOMA? Under the fluff it has become known for, Oklahoma! is a dark and honest story of sexual awakening, a semi-lawless territory and a struggle for the path of a new America. A pioneer in the use of the musical theatre to tell a dramatic story, there would be no American Idiot or Spring Awakening without OKLAHOMA. This core to the storyhas been lost by too many overly broad productions with actors way too old to be playing young lovers. That's why we believe OKLAHOMA is perfect for SummerStage. Please come to auditions ready for realistic acting approaches. Dance (except for the Dream sequence) will come from organic movement, so you need to move well, but do not need to be a trained dancer. This production will show audiences why OKLAHOMA really is one of the best musicals ever written and just as relevant today. We hope you all want to be part of that exciting journey.
General Information for all JCC Auditions:
- For musicals, come prepared to sing 32 bars of a prepared song. Accompanist provided. Please bring sheet music in the correct key. Please select a song appropriate to the style of the production. Please dress prepared for a dance audition as well. No bare feet. The audition will start with a dance audition for all audition candidates. Then, each person, will since their song in the order in which they arrived.
- Auditions for plays will involve reading from the script. It is suggested you have read the script in advance and are familiar with the characters/context. Most scripts available by email upon request.
- Rehearsals are evenings and weekends, 3-5 days per week depending on the production. Please bring a list of all rehearsal conflicts. We try to work around minimal conflicts if identified at auditions.
- Adult performers are paid a stipend which varies by show and role. SummerStage performers are not paid, but there is no fee to enroll in SummerStage. It is an open audition.
- JCC CenterStage auditions are open to all performers regardless of race or religion. We practice color-blind casting whenever possible. You do not need to be a JCC member to participate.
- Call backs (when needed) are generally the day after the open auditions.