Before & After School Care
REGISTRATION FOR THE 2016-17 SCHOOL YEAR IS ONGOING!
Gesher is the Hebrew word for bridge. Our Gesher program serves as a bridge between school and home and between the individual and the community. Gesher provides informal educational opportunities in a structured framework and a safe environment.
We provide an amazing range of activities every day that engage children. We challenge kids at their own level and according to their interests. We emphasize important social skills like sharing and cooperation.
- Fun, challenging, enriching activities - crafts, games, and more
- Great facilities - gymnasium, indoor PlayGym, playgrounds, tennis courts, outdoor playing fields, and a swimming pool. Read more...
- Take the bus from school - Brighton and Rush-Henrietta School Districts bus to the JCC.
- Judaism is alive here - Jewish holiday activities and Oneg Shabbat each Friday in a culturally
- Well-trained, experienced, loving staff
- Kids Belong Here. Everything we do in Gesher is aimed at making children feel comfortable and accepted. They have their own interests, their own talents, and their own concerns, and so we give them a say in what we do and how we do it.
- Families Come First. It can be tough to balance family, work and what often seems like a million commitments. We're here to help. Before and after school care, vacation programs, and enrichment and recreation programs make life a little simpler and a lot more enjoyable.
- Keep Connected. Gesher programs get kids involved - thinking, playing, learning, exploring and creating. Programs and activities fill school's-out hours with valuable, enriching, fun experiences.
After School Care (ASC)
Open until 6pm Monday - Friday
Come off the bus to fun and creativity. Homework plus craft projects, swimming, games, sports, and more! Most enrichment, recreation and swim classes are included in your tuition.
Morning and afternoon wrap-around care for kindergarteners. Big adventures await you.
Before School Care (BSC)
7am until bus pick-up. Brighton and Rush-Henrietta School Districts will pick up your child from the JCC's
Enjoy a multitude of activities during school breaks and holidays including theme days, crafts, sports, and field trips. Click here for more information.
Beginning in 2014, Camp Sisol's Kesher (connections) program for children with special needs was brought to Gesher. The primary goal of the Kesher program is to foster social and emotional development for children with a vast array of disabilities. Kesher is based on an inclusion-classroom model in which children with disabilities are grouped together with similar-aged peers without disabilities. All children have the same social and behavioral expectations as their peers, while allowing for adaptations based on each child's unique personality and needs. We are working with St. John Fisher graduate students to help us come up with goals and strategies so that every child, with and without special needs can succeed, grow and make friends here at Gesher.
We encourage you to speak openly with your children about how every child is different, and requires different supports and help with certain aspects of the day. For more information, click here. As always, please feel free to call or email with any questions you may have.
Check out the Lego Stop Motion film created by our enrichment class!