CenterStage Theatre Auditions
Auditions for CenterStage Theatre at the JCC
Audtions for the current season are completed.
2017-18 season to be announced soon.
JCC SummerStage presents:
BRING IT ON! The Musical
Music by Lin-Manuel Miranda and Tom Kitt
Book by Jeff Whitty
Lyrics by Lin-Manuel Miranda and Amanda Green
Inspired by the motion picture, Bring It On, released by Universal Pictures and written by Jessica Bendingere
Directed by David Schuler, Music Direction by Matthew Wegman, Choreography by Katie Keller.
Auditions May 30 and 31 at 6pm. Call Backs June 1.
Performances July 15-23.
The cutthroat world of competitive cheerleading meets the fierce rivalries of high school politics and romance.
Casting call for ages 14 and up high school and college enrolled, or 2017 graduate.
IMPORTANT: CHEERLEADING EXPERIENCE IS HELPFUL BUT NOT REQUIRED
Note: Specialty skills such as cheerleading/gymnastics/dance team training and tumbling/acrobatic experience will be assessed for SOME lead and ensemble tracks. For ensemble tracks, the ability to sing is preferred, but may not be essential.
All cast members must be able to move well/dance.
Keep an eye out for "Cheer Camp" days at the JCC in May for those who would like to work on skills like jumps, stunts, and synchronized cheer movement.
Campbell - Caucasian - head cheerleader whose world gets turned upside-down when she transfers schools
Danielle - African American - head of the Jackson dance crew
Nautica - one of the Jackson dance crew
Kyler - Buccaneers cheerleader
Eva - Campbell’s neighbor. A social climber
Skylar - One of the senior Buccaneers cheerleaders
Bridget - The mascot for the Buccaneers. Nerdy and out of shape.
Randall - Jackson’s school DJ, mellow and friendly. He becomes attracted to Campbell
Steven - Caucasian - male cheerleader on the Buccaneers and Campbell’s boyfriend
Twig - One of the Jackson students and a hip-hop artist
Cameron - combination class clown and attempted ladies' man
La Cienega - A transgender woman. Any ethnicity. BFFs with Nautical and Danielle. Could be played by a male, female or trans performer.
Roles for ALL RACES playing cheerleaders, students, etc.
Bring a prepared song of 32 bars in a musical theatre/pop and/or hip-hop style that fits the style of the show. Musical theatre songs preferred over pop tunes. Most important is to bring a song that shows off your vocal ability/range that can match to the music in this show. Accompanist provided. Please bring sheet music in the correct key. The audition will start with a dance audition at 6pm. Please dress appropriates and have proper footware.
Check-in starts at 5:30pm
SummerStage is not a "camp". It is an open audition. Performers are not paid, but there is no fee to participate.
General Information for all JCC Auditions:
- For musicals, come prepared to sing 32 bars of a prepared song. Accompanist provided. Please bring sheet music in the correct key. Please select a song appropriate to the style of the production. Please dress prepared for a dance audition as well. No bare feet. The audition will start with a dance audition for all audition candidates. Then, each person, will since their song in the order in which they arrived.
- Auditions for plays will involve reading from the script. It is suggested you have read the script in advance and are familiar with the characters/context. Most scripts available by email upon request.
- Rehearsals are evenings and weekends, 3-5 days per week depending on the production. Please bring a list of all rehearsal conflicts. We try to work around minimal conflicts if identified at auditions.
- Adult performers are paid a production stipend which ranges from $500-$1,000 based on the role/track/etc. Youth performers are not paid. CenterStage cast Rochester-based performers. We do not provide housing.
- CenterStage auditions are open to all performers regardless of race or religion. We practice color-blind casting whenever possible. JCC membership is not required.
- Call backs (when needed) are generally the day after the open auditions.
Questions? Contact 585-461-2000 ext 235 or email us