When schools are closed for holidays and vacations, come and fill the days with fun at our popular Gesher Vacation Camp Programs. Varied activities include field trips, special guests, and performances. Activities that are always included are crafts, games, sports, and swimming.
2015-2016 Vacation Camps
Vacation Camp Hours: 7am-6pm
$70/day Member: $60/day
Schedule of Events 2015-2016
- February 15th: JCC Hobbies
- February 16th: Field Trip to Rochester Museum & Science Center
- February 17th: JCC Hobbies
- February 18th: Field Trip to Adventure Landing
- February 19th: JCC Hobbies
- March 25th: JCC Hobbies
- March 28th: JCC Hobbies
- March 29th: Seneca Park Zoo
- March 30th: JCC Hobbies
- March 31st: Field Trip to Camp Sisol: Get excited for camp! Activities and volunteer work
- April 1st: JCC Hobbies
Field Trips: Field trips are provided at no extra cost. The times of the field trips are TBD. There are always extra staff and small groups during trips away from the JCC. After arriving back from the field trip, there will be 50 minute long activity options that the children can choose from, including PlayGym, InZone, Free Swim, Athletics, Crafts, and more!
JCC Hobby Days: Explore all that the JCC has to offer! Mornings will be spent on an in-depth activity of your child's choice. These could include art, drama, athletics, adventure, and more! Afternoons will have 50 minute long activity options that the children can choose from, including PlayGym, InZone, Athletics, Crafts, and more!
Locations: Drop off and pick up are in the Gesher area of the JCC
What to Bring: Please pack a dairy (vegetarian) lunch, weather appropriate clothing, and socks.
Note to Gesher Participants: Gesher registrants who regularly attend 3 or more days per week can receive 5 vacation days free of charge! Please follow the guidelines below to be eligible for this special Gesher benefit:
- Free days are available ONLY to those who regularly participate in Gesher three days per week.
- Free vacation days are accrued 1 day for every 2 months your child is enrolled.
- Use of free days requires registration no later than 1 week in advance. A maximum of 50% of slots are available for free use. PLEASE REGISTER EARLY!
- Please fill out the Vacation Camp Registration Form and submit to the Gesher department.
TYKEs Theatre Academy
After School Programs - Vacation Day Camps - KidsStage Summer Camps
TYKEs School Break Camp
Feb 15-19, 8:30am-5:30pm
Optional before camp care from 7-8:30am available at no additional cost.
Ages 8+/Hart Theater
Come enjoy a very unique and exciting theater program at TYKEs! Kids will create their own "fractured fairy tale." Participants will select an existing, well-known fairy tale or children's story and wildly recreate it by changing key components of the story, such as the setting and time period – while retaining the essence of the original story. Think Aladdin landing on mars in his magically carpeted futuristic spaceship or Jack growing an organic beanstalk so he can be a contestant on a cooking competition television show. The sky's the limit as kids use their powerful imaginations to come up with clever, creative plot twists and compelling characters. We'll perform our show at 4pm on Friday, Feb 19 for family and friends.
$350 Member: $300 for the week-long program