COVID-19 Policies and Updates
- The JCC is updating their mask policy to allow staff members that are fully vaccinated and boosted to choose whether to wear a mask
- The JCC has updated their mask policy to reflect the end of the NYS mask mandate on 2/10/22:
- Members that are vaccinated will not be required to wear a mask.
- Members who are not vaccinated must wear a mask at all times, unless you are in the pool.
- Masks are always welcome here.
- If you aren’t feeling well, please stay home.
- We follow Monroe County Department of Health and CDC recommendations.
NY Mask Mandate Update 2/9/2022
The NYS mask mandate has been lifted, effective 2/10/2022.
NY Mask Mandate Update 1/31/2022
The NYS mask mandate has been extended until 2/10/2022.
NY Mask Mandate Update 1/26/2022
The state’s mandate for indoor public places is back on. On Monday, January 24, a lower court in Nassau County ruled that the mandate was unconstitutional and the Governor’s authority to issue the mandate was non-existent, further arguing that any such mandate needed to be made by the state legislature. Yesterday, after a brief hearing, a NY Appeals Court ruled to stay the injunction that was put in place on Monday. The stay is a temporary measure to keep the mandate in place until the state can complete its appeals process. Businesses should continue to comply with the mask mandate, which is currently in effect until February 1, 2022. It may be extended beyond this date.
Member Survey 12/10/21
- We sent a member survey out to ask about the most recent mandate preference – allowing only fully vaccinated members in or asking everyone to wear masks, regardless of vaccine status.
Member Survey 8/13/21
- We sent a member survey out on 8/13/21 via email to inquire about current safety policies and potential changes to our policy.
- With 600+ responses received, it was clear that our community feels safe here with the current policies in place.
- The majority of respondents said that they would be more comfortable here knowing that all members and member-facing staff are vaccinated or tested weekly.
- If you didn’t receive the survey, please make sure we have a current email address for you so you don’t miss any communication from us.
- We’re proud that 97% of our member-facing staff (Fitness, Aquatics, Spa and Membership) are fully vaccinated.