The Louis S. Wolk Jewish Community Center of Greater Rochester located alongside the Erie Canal in Brighton has multiple part-time and full-time openings for Assistant Teachers/Floaters at our Wolk Children’s Center!
If you are seeking a full or part time opportunity as an Assistant Teacher/Floater in a highly respected Early Learning Center, we would like to meet with you! If you have one – two years direct, proven experience working with children ages 8 weeks to Pre-K we are have several shifts available.
We offer a variety of educational experiences as you will be rotating between several classrooms!
Benefits include a JCC membership to our Fitness and Aquatics Center!
Full time employee benefits include health, vision, dental, and paid time off.
Full time hours include a rotating 8-hour shift between the hours of 7:00am and 6:00pm, Monday – Friday.
Part time shifts as follows:
- 7:00am – 12:00pm
- 10:00am – 3:00pm
- 12:00pm – 6:00pm
Pay $12.35 per hour General Job Summary:
- Maintain a nurturing classroom environment that meets the emotional, social, physical, and cognitive needs of each child
- Provide curriculum support to encourage curiosity, exploration, and problem-solving appropriate to the development levels of the children in your care
- Modeling developmentally appropriate activities through daily contact with children and other early childhood staff in the classroom
- Maintaining open, friendly, and cooperative relationship with each child’s family and encourage their involvement in the program
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Ability to provide individual and group instruction to children and observe and assess child behavior and model positive behavior management techniques and safety regulations.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of current child development practices; complete 15 hours of training on mandated topics each year
- Attend weekly meetings to reflect and plan with the other teachers in the classroom.
- Maintain confidentiality for children, families, and staff at the JCC
- Report any suspected abuse to the Head Teacher or Director
- Greet children as they are dropped off outside at the Center and escort to classroom.
- Assist with escorting children to their parents in the evening in the Center drop off pick up area.
Education and Experience
- CDA is preferred.
- Medical Administration Training certification is recommended.
- Experience: Minimum of one to two years’ experience in a group childcare setting preferred.
- Certifications: Current CPR and First Aid certifications preferred.
Computer Skills: Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and ability to utilize the parent communication website Dress Code: Casual dress. Facial masks and smocks are required during work hours and are provided.Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to assist children in an emergency situation.
- Possess the strength, endurance and vigilance required to maintain constant supervision of children.
- Ambulatory ability to manage uneven ground, hills, and steps.
- Ability to lift a child weighing up to 50 pounds
- Ability to kneel, bend, squat, stand, and sit on the floor or on child-size furniture for prolonged periods of time.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform within the described work environment.
- Preschool Classroom environment with child sized furniture
- Outside environments (playground, filed trip locations)
- Gymnasium and Pool where applicable
If you have any questions, please contact:
Jackie Ernst, Talent Acquisition Specialist
Phone: (585) 461-2000, ext. 210