TYKEs Covid-19 Policy
• All of our actors, directors and backstage crew are fully vaccinated.
• Our ventilation system has been upgraded to include MERV 13 air filters in the theater and throughout the entire JCC. These are the same filters used by medical facilities. We have also programed the system to maximize fresh air flow into the building, replacing all the air in the theater every 15 minutes.
• All TYKEs’ staff and audience members 2+ years old need to wear a mask in the theater area regardless of vaccination status.
• All audience members 12+ need to show proof of full vaccination or proof of a negative Covid test taken within 24 hours of your show time.
• No food will be served at our concessions booth, but we’ll have other fun items available. We may opt to lead an audience “wiggle break” vs. a traditional intermission.
• All performances have reserved seating. We are happy to do our best to honor special requests for social distancing (subject to availability).
• We’ll present a Q&A session on stage after each show so audience members can get to know our actors, rather than a face-to-face meet-and-greet in the lobby.
• To reduce direct contact with our volunteers, our program booklet will be available both in print and electronically.
• Do children under 12 need to show proof of negative Covid test?
No. Only adults and children 12 and up need to show proof of vaccine or a negative Covid test taken within 24 hours of your show start time.
• What if we purchased tickets in advance but are unable to attend the show due to a Covid exposure?
You can exchange your tickets for any other TYKEs show, no expiration date. If that won’t work for your family, we will provide a full refund.
• What if I’m not feeling well on show day?
We are grateful to you for keeping others safe by staying at home until you feel well. You can exchange your tickets for any other TYKEs show, no expiration date. If that won’t work for your family, we will provide a full refund.
• Can I give my tickets to someone else if I am unable to attend on show day?
Absolutely yes – who doesn’t love the gift of theatre?!
• Is it okay to remove my mask once I reach my seat?
No. Audience members ages 2+ must keep their masks on while in the theater area.
• Will your actors be wearing masks on stage?
Our actors will be unmasked unless they are coming into the audience. All actors and backstage crew have provided proof of full vaccination status.